'My Pictures' problem

Andsome 08:09 25 Feb 07

Some pictures saved in 'My Pictures', sometimes have a habit of just disappearing. This does not happen to all, just a few. One thing that I have not created that has appeared however is there, it is labelled 'Album.OFA. I cannot open this album, and allowing hidden files to be seen does not help. The creation date of this album usually coincides with the date that pictures have disappeared, for instance yesterday. I have tried all the options listed to open this folder. Any ideas please?

wee eddie 08:15 25 Feb 07

You will have done all the usual virus checks, of course?

I have had something similar to this happen before and put it down to old age (accidental deletion, never really existed, or mis-filed elsewhere).

I have found folders accidentally placed within other folders, usually adjacent ones.

Good luck in your search.
eddie

Andsome 08:25 25 Feb 07

I have been very careful on this occasion. I deliberately saved two pictures in My documents, and saved the same two in My pictures. The two saved in My documents are still there, but the two saved in My pictures have disappeared. This wretched Album OFA now bears yesterdays date, so was obviously updated on close down last night.

Graham. 09:24 25 Feb 07

OFA may have something to do with Oracle:
click here

Andsome 09:38 25 Feb 07

Thanks for that Graham. I have no Oracle software installed. Search does not find any references.

Andsome 12:21 25 Feb 07

Sorry about that, but searching for Album.OFA does bring up results in Documents and settings. Now that I have looked at these results, all the missing pictures have turned up again in 'My pictures'. Very strange.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…