My pictures folder gone

Desperate-Dan 17:28 08 Jan 09

Hi, I can get to my picture folder on the start menu, but its not in my documents, it used be but there, but its not there now, say if I've joined a new forum and I want to put in a Avatar thats in my picture folder if I browse in my documents I can see my music my video and so on, but not my pictures. winxp

bluto1 18:42 08 Jan 09

I've just clicked on My Computer icon and found a "My Pictures" folder in My Documents. I seem to have them in various places.

Pineman100 18:54 08 Jan 09

Could you have accidentally dragged the folder to a different location?

I suggest you run a search for it, in Windows Explorer. Make sure you search My Computer - not just My Documents.

bluto1 18:55 08 Jan 09

Sorry, I misread your thread. Try right clicking on the folder and then 'send to' "my Documents"

Desperate-Dan 19:03 08 Jan 09

hi I've got my pictures back in my documents but now when I browse I don't see any pictures just file names, If I go to my pictures from the start menu I can see all the pictures again

Desperate-Dan 09:48 10 Jan 09

Hi, can you tell me why when I access my pictures folder from within a forum, say when I want to upload a picture for a avator and it gives you the option to browse, when I open my pictures folder I don't see any images just file names,
yet say I open my pictures from my start menu I see all my images

Pineman100 11:59 10 Jan 09

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to see thumnails of the pictures, rather than just their file names - is that right?

In Windows Explorer, in the toolbar at the top, you'll see a button that looks like a small box with coloured squares inside it. Hover your cursor over it, and you should see a label saving 'Views'. If you click on this button, you'll get a menu showing various different ways in which you can see your files. Click on 'Thumbnails', and you'll get the view you want.

Desperate-Dan 12:07 10 Jan 09

Excellent, thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…