My pictures folder gone

Desperate-Dan 17:28 08 Jan 09

Hi, I can get to my picture folder on the start menu, but its not in my documents, it used be but there, but its not there now, say if I've joined a new forum and I want to put in a Avatar thats in my picture folder if I browse in my documents I can see my music my video and so on, but not my pictures. winxp

bluto1 18:42 08 Jan 09

I've just clicked on My Computer icon and found a "My Pictures" folder in My Documents. I seem to have them in various places.

Pineman100 18:54 08 Jan 09

Could you have accidentally dragged the folder to a different location?

I suggest you run a search for it, in Windows Explorer. Make sure you search My Computer - not just My Documents.

bluto1 18:55 08 Jan 09

Sorry, I misread your thread. Try right clicking on the folder and then 'send to' "my Documents"

Desperate-Dan 19:03 08 Jan 09

hi I've got my pictures back in my documents but now when I browse I don't see any pictures just file names, If I go to my pictures from the start menu I can see all the pictures again

Desperate-Dan 09:48 10 Jan 09

Hi, can you tell me why when I access my pictures folder from within a forum, say when I want to upload a picture for a avator and it gives you the option to browse, when I open my pictures folder I don't see any images just file names,
yet say I open my pictures from my start menu I see all my images

Pineman100 11:59 10 Jan 09

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to see thumnails of the pictures, rather than just their file names - is that right?

In Windows Explorer, in the toolbar at the top, you'll see a button that looks like a small box with coloured squares inside it. Hover your cursor over it, and you should see a label saving 'Views'. If you click on this button, you'll get a menu showing various different ways in which you can see your files. Click on 'Thumbnails', and you'll get the view you want.

Desperate-Dan 12:07 10 Jan 09

Excellent, thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017