//some 3rd party need geo

My Pictures Folder?

waterland 17:38 07 Oct 05

A small problem I hope.The computer is working fine apart from the `My Pictures` Folder which seems to be corrupted or?
I open it and none of my pictures are there(nothing important ) and I get the following Error Message

The instruction at "0x6d123474" referrenced memory at "0x0000000" The memory could not be written.

Can anybody help?

Klof Ron 17:41 07 Oct 05

Go to Start/Run/ Type sfc /scannow insert your Win CD when asked and run a check.

waterland 16:23 09 Oct 05

When I type sfc/scannnow thecomputer c annot find it ?
Any ideas or other suggestions?

VoG II 16:26 09 Oct 05

There is a space before the /

sfc /scannow

Which version of Windows?

Hamish 16:29 09 Oct 05

Note: Copy and paste sfc /scannow at run as you appear to have missed out the space after sfc

waterland 16:58 09 Oct 05

Thank you
I now have another problem?
I have managed to delete the My Pictures folder !!
When I use `scannow` it tells me the disc I have which came with the Evesham computer about 3 years ago is not compatible with the XP that is loaded (I had a hard drive failure which Evesham engineers replaced and formatted with their own software which was o0bviosly a later version)
I am sure the problem should be simple as apart from this the computer is working fine !!!

palinka 18:44 09 Oct 05

If you could find any one of the pictures you could locate where they all are. if you can remember the name of any picture try using Start>search>all files and folders and type in the name together with any other refining details as suggested by the writable boxes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…