My Pictures

jessej 20:36 06 Jun 03

Well what a surprise, I'm in trouble again, most likely of my own making.
When I go to 'My Pictures' after 5 seconds the screen reverts to Desktop. This has only started since I arranged all my pictures and photograghs into separate folders. I am able to open the folders and view a picture/photo - if I am quick enough as it still reverts to the desktop after 5 seconds.
In case it has any bearing, I recently installed Roxio Platinum 5 alongside Serif Photo plus 8. According to Roxio there should not be any conflict, but Roxio needs a minimum of 500Mhz and my computer only has 533Mhz which poses the question, is Roxio too much?
I'm on Windows XP incidentally.

The Spires 21:03 06 Jun 03

I can't find anything out about this, the likeyhood is it's a file in My Pictures that is closing the folder that is maybe corrupted, try moving all the files out then replace them one at a time. I ran the Roxio program with no problems on a K6 500Mhz, I don't think it has anything to do with the Pc speed.

jessej 09:47 07 Jun 03

Many thanks for that, I will give it a try, if I can be fast enough, as I said I only get 5 seconds to do anything before My Pictures closes and reverts to Desktop. I had doubts as to whether it was Roxio, which is why I posted it on the board, what I forgot to say was that everything was alright until I created separate folders so, to my mind, it has got to be connected with that in some way. As you say, one, or more, possibly corrupted. I'll report back after I've tried your suggestion. Thanks again.

martjc 10:10 07 Jun 03

press F8 while pc is booting. Select Command prompt. Change directory to Mypict~1. You will then be able to manipulate your files and store them elsewhere as "The Spires" suggests.

jessej 16:33 07 Jun 03

Thank you martjc. I'll do that, its got to be better than trying to move each one in 5 seconds, there are nearly 100 pictures/photos.

jessej 11:24 08 Jun 03

Sorry to say that none of above works, even in safe mode and renamed, My Pictures still closes 5 seconds after I open it.
Something I neglected to mention, or make plain anyhow, this problem has only started since I sorted all the pictures/photos out and put them in newly created separate folders. It would seem to indicate that something I done then has upset the applecart though I don't know what, after all, it is a relatively simple thing to make a new folder then drag and drop items into it, something I've done without any bother several times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…