My photos are too long

wetterfugal 14:32 04 Feb 03

A couple of weeks ago I posted this under " My graphics are Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeched" but got no response. Since then I have come to the conclusion that it is my display setup as it is not only graphics but a page in Word looks too long, the clue is that the rulers on the page are showing the correct page size. Also everything prints OK.

I have Drawn a circle in word on My Win98 PC, saved to floppy and opened it on My XP machine. It looked oval (too tall).

I set my screen up by means of the vertical and horizontal "on screen" controls to cover the full screen area ant this is what I get. Of course if I set the screen to view the object as circular I have a 3/4" black band top and bottom. It used to be OK, What Have I done wrong?

Djohn 14:42 04 Feb 03

What size monitor and which resolution setting are you using?

wetterfugal 14:48 04 Feb 03

It is a iiyama Vision Master 1451 18" monitor set to 1286 x 568.

Djohn 14:53 04 Feb 03

That's the problem! try 1280x1024 and this will put things back in proportion. Regards. J.

wetterfugal 14:59 04 Feb 03

OK, did that, problem solved. I remember now that 1024 pix was original. Thanks you have no Idea how many boads I have posted on without an answer. I was not realy posing the right question.

Djohn 15:05 04 Feb 03

wetterfugal, Your welcome, it was because you gave me the correct answer to my question that I was able to help. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…