My photos are now very blured

aymanh 14:23 13 Dec 03

I have a webste that contains a lot of Jpeg photos. after I used these photos a lot of times they are now not clear, blured and I need to use the same photos in some where else , How can I make them better and clear again.
N.B.: I took these pictures by a digital camera SONY MCV

Pesala 14:30 13 Dec 03

The only way is to go back to the originals from the camera. JPG compression is fine as long as you don't overdo it. For best quality, a lossless format like TIFF is recommended. Save originals at high resolution, then save low resolution JPG images for the web.

Big Elf 14:31 13 Dec 03

I'm not an expert on the subject but when you make changes to jpgs particularly resizing and save them then some of the detail is lost for ever. It's better to have a master which you then can use to make copies and only work on the copies.

minter 19:00 13 Dec 03

I hope you have the original image, if you have not you are out of luck.

JPEG is not a lossless format, in other words every time you access and close the picture it deteriorates.

The way round this is to copy the picture before doing anything with it, and work on the copy, then the original is always there for future use.

The golden rule for digital images is NEVER work on the original, always use a copy.

aymanh 19:21 13 Dec 03

I don't have the originals :@
but thanks anyway

Big Elf 19:36 13 Dec 03

Invisible Elf.

john-232317 20:25 13 Dec 03

I saw yer elf. ;-)

minter 12:02 14 Dec 03

Sorry, excuse my standing on your feet.

Big Elf 12:24 14 Dec 03

No apologies necessary. I thought it was funny. You probably did what I sometimes do and read the problem but skim through the suggested solutions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…