My PC's Maintenance Schedule

wee eddie 16:38 17 Aug 14

I'm occupied every Sunday Nigh,t so I have set up a Maintenance Schedule.

I should be interested in others opinions as to whether I should add to it, change the order or use different Programs. If the latter - Why?

CCleaner (Free Version)- Standard Scan, Registry and Start-up,

Malwarebytes (Free version)- Full Scan,

Kaspersky Internet Security - Full Scan,

and finally

Back-up to an external Hard Drive - W7's own Incremental - Refreshed/Replaced every Quarter, or so.

Pine Man 16:42 17 Aug 14

What happens if any of the security programs uncover a problem?

john bunyan 16:57 17 Aug 14

1.I would occasionally run ADWCleaner and Superantisptware - surprising that sometimes each finds things the others don't.2. If you do not have a SSD, I would defrag with something like Auslogics Disc defrag or CCleaner Defrggler.3. I used to use Acronis True image, and still do on main PC's to make an image of my C partition - quicker than Windows one. I make a full (non incremental one, verify it, then keep only the one just made and its immediate predecessor. 4. For my data partition I use Freefilesynch to make a mirror image to another drive quite often. After the first time, subsequent ones are very quick as only altered file are updated.5. I occasionally (every couple of months make a clone of my HD. I have several HD's in caddies that slide in and out of my tower. For laptop I use USB HD's.5. On a young relative's laptop, I have been trying "Macrium Reflect" - a free disc imager / cloner - seems ok if a little less simple than ATI

wee eddie 17:26 17 Aug 14

I forgot to add.

Daily backup of my .pst file and Accounts folder, using Nero Backitup in the Cloud

spuds 19:05 17 Aug 14

Wee Eddie - Have a look at Computer Active computer magazine (issue 430) that's should be in the newsagent's now, that might be of interest regarding the items in the introduction plus more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…