My PCI ADSL Modem does not switch my computer off!

silverjohn 20:56 21 Nov 05

I recently installed a Dynamode ADSL PCI modem on my computer which runs Windows 2000 normally closes down and switches off but when the ADSL PCI Modem driver is installed it does close down but does not switch off it stay in a locked state and I then switch off the computer at the wall. Any clues or suggestions on this problem will be appreciated.
Neville.
my e-mail address is: [email protected]

Meshuga 21:13 21 Nov 05

Not a good idea to put your emailaddress on here silverjohn. It could invite spam. It will be answered on here although I`m sorry I can`t answer you. Regards.

silverjohn 22:21 21 Nov 05

Irecently installed a Dynamode ADSL PCI modem on my computer which runs Windows 2000 which normally closes down and switches off my computer but when the ADSL PCI Modem driver is installed it does close down Windows but does not switch the computer off. It stay in a locked state and I then switch off the computer at the wall. Any clues or suggestions on this problem will be appreciated.

ade.h 23:07 21 Nov 05

Can you give some info about the specific settings that this device may have?

I use a PCI ADSL modem but it's a Zoom, so I'm not familiar with the Dynamode.

Does it have an entry in Control Panel?

ade.h 23:08 21 Nov 05

A driver or firmware update from the manufacturer's website would be worth checking for too.

woodchip 23:29 21 Nov 05

Check the web page for the Modem, in the settings it will be for always on connection, try it with "only when needed" or sume such

woodchip 23:32 21 Nov 05

Is it this click here

woodchip 23:39 21 Nov 05

Also some settings lower down on this page for the Modem click here

ade.h 18:52 24 Nov 05

Please do not use the email links for forum members unless invited to do so.

Here's a copy of the email that I received today:

"Thank you for your reply. I need to look at the settings as they are numerous. But I do not seem to see the soft waredriver in the Add/Remove software of the control panel?? Is this unusual as all other drivers are there. Thanks for the trouble and interest taken in this matter"

To answer your question - yes, that is a bit unusual. Most ADSL modems require manufacturer's software to run, rather than a driver only. Can you tell us whether it is listed in Device Manager? Are there any yellow exclamation marks next to it?

silverjohn 20:47 24 Nov 05

Hi ade.h
When I look at the device manager there is only phone Icon and marked as modem. just below it are two PCI in yellow question mark I do not know what they are ment to tell one?? Apart from this problem of the computernot being able to be switched off the modem works perfectly.
Thanks for the interest taken.

woodchip 20:54 24 Nov 05

Uninstall both Yellow icons then restart your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…