My PC Wont boot up

Hercules02 17:41 22 Aug 09

Hello - Please can someone help - Im desperate
For sometime now I have had problems with my XP box - freezing and blue screens. I tested all the components I could and swapped others finding nothing.
Then I found a new mainboard that was compatible with my Gigabyte GA-7VRXP, so I bought that and stripped everything out. I fitted the new board and put everything together again.
When I power on, it makes normal sounds for 5 - 6 seconds and then powers off again. It then wont power on at all unless the electricity supply to the case is switched off for a short period. I can then get another 5-6 seconds.
The board is an ASRock K7S41GX and as they advised, Ive left the fsb at 200mhz (default)and Ive not placed any jumpers to alter clock speed as per the manuals advice.
My processor is an AMD Athlon (tm) XP 2100+ Version: x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2
I thought that this processor needed to be set at a system bus frequency of 133mhz. Is this the same as the fsb? The new board offers 200, 266, 333 or 400mhz for fs. Is this double the sbf so I should set mine at 266 ?
Please help

Hercules02 14:37 23 Aug 09

Can anyone help, please ?

Hercules02 23:55 23 Aug 09

Looks like Im on my own then..

:O((

Jak_1 05:23 24 Aug 09

Have you tried a different PSU? It could be that your present one is not supplying enough power either because it's failing or not powerfull enough. PSU's are cheap and easy to fit.

ened 07:22 24 Aug 09

First of all if you go to the AMD site there will be chart which tells you at what frequency they advise the fsb to be set to.

When this sort of thing happens I always suggest stripping the thing out and start again.

It may only be that your heatsink isn't seated properly, or one of the mobo power connectors not quite in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos