My PC won't boot up

Greengo 17:05 01 May 06

My PC wont boot up.I don't even get a bleep code anymore to tell me what the problem could be. The last time i had problem i got a Bleep code which indicated a memoy refresh erro. I realise that this isn't much to go bye but any any in getting started would be much appreciated.

Aze 17:48 01 May 06

are you able to boot into safe mode, or do you only get a blank screen?

rawprawn 17:50 01 May 06

In case you don't know keep tapping F8 when booting to get into safe mode

howard63 20:42 01 May 06

start by removing all usb cables from the case. These have been known to prevent a pc booting. If this is not the problem remove the cables to all drives and mobo. Remove memory and graphics card. Try booting now and you should get beeps. If you do add 1 strip of memory and boot again. The beeps should be different. If so add the video card and boot again. If it now works keep adding 1 item at a time till it stops again the likelehood is that device has failed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:46 01 May 06

Any noise from fans? any leds lit on HDD or CD/DVDs?

if totally dead check
1. switch on wall and at rear of PC
2. fuse in plug
3. try new power lead
4. try new PSU
5. faulty front panel switch short connections on motherboard (from switch) momentarily.

Greengo 21:17 02 May 06

Fruit Bat : There is niuse from the fan and the floppy drive and CD drive led light up.

I'm gonna try Howard63's advice in the next few days and let you know how I get, thanks for the advice to all.

Greengo 14:40 12 May 06

The bleep codes indicated memory failure,so I removed the dodgy memory. The PC proceeded to work fine for a week and now it intermittently fails to show a display.

Any advise?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…