IS MY PC WIRELESS ENABLED?

gcowboy 14:15 16 Aug 08

I am a pc dunce in the UK!
I am about to sign up to a broadband package which requires wireless enabled pc. I do not have a little aerial sticking out and I still do not know if my pc is wireless enabled. I do not want to buy equipment which I do not need!

I have a DELL Inspiron 530

I checked my device manager which has ISATAP home showing with a yellow warning triangle. I understand that despite this it will function.

Can anybody please help me?

Many thanks in advance.

Eric10 14:29 16 Aug 08

Desktop PCs (unlike laptops) don't usually have wireless adapters built in. You can get wireless adapters as PCI cards or as USB devices. click here for a selection of what is available.

Even if your broadband package includes a wireless router you can still plug into the router using an ethernet cable as the routers usually have 4 ethernet ports in addition to the wireless facility.

A little more information on the package you are looking at could be helpful.

gcowboy 14:32 16 Aug 08

Thankyou for your response.
I am looking at Orange Broadband in the UK and they will sell me a wireless router as it is a requirement.
I guess I want to spend the least amount possible on a decent router.

dawood 14:57 18 Aug 08

You can also take a look on this wireless network setup tutorial click here to understand more on how to bring up your wireless network later..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…