My Pc Window Moving Around

Input Overload 17:06 13 Oct 08

I recently reinstalled Vista premium, which has been a good OD for the over year and a half it had ran. Anyway the problem is that when I open My Computer I like the window to open in the same place as I have 7 drives & I like them to be in the same place.

Lately The My Computer window opens anywhere on the screen it wants to. I know it's not a huge problem but is irritating to me. Any registry hacks etc out there? Thanks.

Rahere 17:48 13 Oct 08

Not sure if I follow you - do you mean the contents of the window or the position of the window on your desktop?

Input Overload 17:52 13 Oct 08

The position of the window, sometimes it will open top right next time bottom left :-)

Rahere 18:16 13 Oct 08

Sorry can't explain that - could it be snap to grid type settings for your desktop or heres annother idea do you use a cleaner program that deletes preferred settings...?

tullie 18:19 13 Oct 08

If you double click my computer,surely everything is in the same window?So i cant see what the problem really is.

Input Overload 20:31 13 Oct 08

tullie, we seem to use our Pc's in different ways, still my hopes weren’t high for a solution. I'll search the web again.

tullie 20:58 13 Oct 08

Hope you find a solution to your problem!

Technotiger 21:00 13 Oct 08

When I open My Computer the Window will always re-appear at the position it was when I closed it.

Just position the Window as you would like it, then close it and open it again - does it then stay in the same place?

Fingees 21:05 13 Oct 08

You may find a solution here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…