My PC turned off and could not turn it on.

EMM61 17:56 12 Dec 05

Hello to everyone. My problem is that my pc all of a sudden turned off and could not turn it on, I noticed that the power supply fan and another cooling fan kept running, but the one that is connected to the processor stopped. My pc is connected to a UPS and there wasn’t any electrical failure at that time. Do you think it’s the power supply that has failed ? Can you help me please ? Thank you.

alan227 18:00 12 Dec 05

If it is connected to a UPS a power failure would just initiate the UPS.
If your Processor fan is not running it probably shut down due to the increase of temperature in the CP, as most modern processors have thermal cut out devices.
Try replacing the processor fan.

EMM61 18:15 12 Dec 05

Dear alan227, but the problem is that the pc can't start it ,seems can I start it ?

joethebow 21:04 12 Dec 05

If the processor fan failed the processor is probably fried. Sorry but I think you're probably going to have to replace the processor.

No processor no startup.

woodchip 21:07 12 Dec 05

PSU in Computer is the thing to try with replacement

LivEviL 21:07 12 Dec 05

think of it as a nice xmas presant

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:25 12 Dec 05

PSU most likely failed.

Try a new PSU BEFORE buying a new CPU

phono 21:33 12 Dec 05

Definitely check the PSU, also check the CPU fan hasn't failed, most Mobos wont power up the system if the CPU fan has failed in order to avoid damage to the CPU.

Most modern CPUs have thermal protection so your CPU may well be okay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…