Is my PC too fast????

Hi all,

A bit of a funny one this. I have just installed a new 160GB SATA drive and also, as housekeeping, I have reinstalled XP and decided to tidy up the cables at the back of the machine. To do this I disconnected my ADSL Modem Router (as supplied by BT) and upon reconnection it refused to work at all (No lights whatsoever). Brought new Modem / Router and back online.

However, when I click on links or even open IE, quite a few times I get the "Cannot find server" page. Clicking refresh brings it up as expected. It would seem to be that the PC is requesting the info from the webpage faster than the modem can transmit the data and therefore the PC cannot find the server. Well, thats my thought anyway.

Anyone had any experience of this? It is to say the least annoying to have to click Refresh on about six out of ten pages. Even when opening IE and loading the homepage I sometimes get this, even though the page should be in the cache.

User-312386 08:33 09 Sep 03

it could be that your broadband is not optimised, click here and then hover over broadband(at the top)>broadband tools, now click on annalyser.

Now see if your system is fully up to speed with Broadband. If it says it is not then follw the same routine, but click on optimiser.

dfghjkl 11:57 09 Sep 03

having same problems and so are others,i have read a few threads and for differant reasons say they are getting cannot find server,i thought it was because my son installed morpheus but i dont think that now after reading yours and other peoples threads last night,hopefully the reason will come to light soon i started to change settings and playing with firewalls etc but no change i am leaving everything as it is for now,just waiting to see what happens

tbh72 14:08 10 Sep 03

Bump!!! This was the thread I was refering too, well done Madboy33 Excellent advise, as you can see I've already posted about it!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…