MY PC SWITCHES OFF CONSTANTLY

daveyboy186 22:26 30 Apr 03

MY PC TURNS OFF ALL THE TIME IVE CHANGED THE ENVIROMENT(COOLED THE ROOM)NO JOY IVE GOT AN ANTI SURGE PLUG (NO JOY)ITS BEEN TOO THE SHOP LOADS OF TIMES HAD A NEW HARD DRIVE HAD IT REBOOTED COSTS LOADS AND STILL NO JOY ITS BEEN 8 DAYS SINCE IT WAS LAST BACKED UP IT SWITCHED OFF ON THE 1ST DAY TWICE SO I MOVE IT TO A COOLER PLACE AND IT STARTED AGAIN 3 DAYS AGO AND IS PROGRESSIVELY WORSE ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WRITE THIS MESSAGE !!!!!! PLEASE HELP

THANKS
DAVE

PSF 22:32 30 Apr 03

What OS are you using?

Does it switch off completely, re-boot or go into standby mode?

daveyboy186 22:39 30 Apr 03

IM SURE THERES ANOTHER WAY TO ANSWER YOU LIKE WITH COMPUTERS IM NEW TO THIS OR SHOULD I SAY P C THICK...... WHAT IS OS... IM JUST GUESSING IS IT ONLINE SERVER!!!!!!

monkeyshine 22:40 30 Apr 03

You could try switching off the Caps Lock for a start (shouting won't get you help) and which thread do you want answers in? click here

daveyboy186 22:43 30 Apr 03

YES IT SWITCHES OFF COMPLETELY THE GREEN + ORANGE LIGHT STAY ON THOUGH!!

Nellie2 22:45 30 Apr 03

I had this problem with a pc a few years ago, never did get to the root of it, the motherboard was replaced, the power unit was replaced and so on, in the end I had to insist on a replacement PC.

PSF 22:45 30 Apr 03

Sorry 'OS' mean Operating System eg Win 98, XP etc.

What are the symptoms of the pc, are there any beeps first, does it say shutting down etc...
The more information you can supply can help us help you.

Everyone has to learn, we are all learning all the time.

VoG™ 22:48 30 Apr 03

Duplicate post click here

What version of Windows, how much memory and so on. If you don't know run click here and it will tell you.

daveyboy186 22:53 30 Apr 03

yeh ive already spent loads on it and every time i take it to the shop there's loads of time pc's there.. my warranty has run out.

PSF
no beeps no warnings whatsoever..its windows 2000me 600 amd athlon

daveyboy186 22:53 30 Apr 03

yeh ive already spent loads on it and every time i take it to the shop there's loads of time pc's there.. my warranty has run out.

PSF
no beeps no warnings whatsoever..its windows 2000me 600 amd athlon

daveyboy186 23:04 30 Apr 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…