My PC shuts down after 5-6 minute cycle

MannOne 22:40 19 Nov 03

..It reboots itself and I can sign in and do things until the next 5 minutes.
Could it be overheating? Took out side cover and use my summer fan to cool it. So far so good.

Please recommend any suitable cooling device to fix to the inside so the casing can be closed to prevent dust.Also being a newbie, how does it fit to the inside and power up.

Assistance much appreciated

dazzling (work) 22:49 19 Nov 03

sounds like it might be overheating especially if it still works with a big fan on it.have a look in your case to see if you can add extra case fans.there should be a round gril with four hole in a square configuration around it.the fan screws or clips to the case and attaches to the standard power cables.do you have any software that monitors your system temprature?darren

Giggle n' Bits 23:04 19 Nov 03

paste on the CPU die depending on the type of the CPU. I would also check Fans that are there are spinning when powered on and also on the VGA Card if there is one.

Also it could be the HDD but diagnostic software for the manufactuer of the drive would be need to test it.

MannOne 23:38 19 Nov 03

I've seen on the web some case fans that can be attached to the back slots and looks inexpensive.
Would you recommend them to cool the inside? nd what are yr recommended brands?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…