Is my pc safe ?

Shanklemeister 22:36 17 Mar 05

on my PC i have installed spyware blaster and a programme called secretmaker to try and protect it.I run adaware fairly often as well to clean it up. Am i doing enough to protect it or is there anything else I should be using, dont really want to pay unless I have to, is there anything else I need which can be downloaded for free ?

my unit is an old pentium 2 if that helps, thanks in advance..........

kaled 22:43 17 Mar 05

Firewall - zone alarm
Virus check - AVG
spyware - a2
Should be all you need.

JonnyTub 22:43 17 Mar 05

firewall and antivirus

stalion 22:57 17 Mar 05
  lotvic 23:40 17 Mar 05

I found this site (auditmypc) useful click here it checks for open ports and lots of other stuff and makes recommendations

spuds 00:33 18 Mar 05

Put these on your computer, then you will have all the protection that you need.

Firewall click here Anti-Virus click here MalAware click here Adware Removers click here click here click here Mailwasher click here Junk remover CCleaner click here

SWEENEY TOD 04:36 19 Mar 05

Spuds.

How do i install the programs that you placed on my reply

Zaphod Beeblebrox 05:38 19 Mar 05

Most if not all the files listed by spuds will be .exe files you just double click them. I would suggest you just do a default setup ie just click next or ok when required as programs such as firewalls and the like will allow you to adjust settings if required at a later date

spuds 12:17 19 Mar 05

Sweeney Todd--If you load the above suggestions into a downloader programme, then you can use these at a later date.Otherwise you can download direct and use the programmes straight away.

Do not use two firewalls or two anti-virus programmes together, as these may course a confliction problem. The Adaware/Cleaner type programmes will work quite well together and are compatible with each other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017