my PC is running slow how do i sort it

skunkey 18:34 30 Oct 05

My spywear, anti virus, and firewalls are all up to date. How do i alter my start up programs and shut down any programs running in the background.

woodchip 18:38 30 Oct 05

To Stop any programs not needed at boot Go to Start\Run and type in Run Box MSCONFIG press enter and then go to the Startup Tab have a look to see what you can remove with regard to removing tick's. You can just as readily restart them after if you find you need them

palinka 18:39 30 Oct 05

Others will answer your direct question better than I can, but first thing is - has it always run slowly? or is it since you did something? eg installed some new software? And what is your operating system (eg Win XP; 98; etc)

skunkey 18:40 30 Oct 05

how do i know which programs i need

skunkey 18:41 30 Oct 05

i am running xp pro, it has slowed down over time

woodchip 18:45 30 Oct 05

Look Hear Alphabetically click here

howard63 20:30 30 Oct 05

I remove the tick from everything except my virus checker and firewall. Never had any problems.

BRYNIT 22:47 30 Oct 05

I use Startup inspector to find out what what is running. Free program click here always read what the program is for before disabling

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…