My PC restarts on its own!! :-s (Part Deux)

shermenator 19:36 29 Jan 03

hey people. an update on the situation! right, i've been in conversation with peter yang from microsoft. he wanted my system config and other stuff. also minidumps were requested. full dumps were required for analysis but because they were 511Mb in size and i only have a 128KB connection it was just gonna take too long. also because of the random crashes the upload would probably have been terminated premerturely. we have come down to the fact that it is most probably a hardware fault, most probably the hard drive because i have had problems with it before and it is one of the dreaded fujitsu mpg's!!! so i have decided to buy a new hard drive. the western digital caviar special edition 80Gb.
Any thoughts would be appreciated in this matter!!

Part one of the thread is here: click here

Spook Tooth 21:48 29 Jan 03

"Any thoughts"?

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus - new one with 8MB buffer and ATA133 (7200rpm). Runs quiet and cool.

Scan - good place to buy from, check Today only page.

click here

Other people will make different recommendations but that's mine.

Can't comment on the rest of your thread but for burning this info to CD and posting it/uploading it on a different PC (with faster connection).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…