My pc regonizes the network, but there's no web connection

jesperwr 18:15 30 Sep 14

Hello PC Help!

I have a problem with my granddad's laptop. It is regonizing the internet, but there is no internet access. There is a yellow triangle. I tried to use the diagnose tool and reboot. But i can't find the solution to this problem...

Info:

I run a Toshiba Laptop, with windows 7 It can connect to the web, when plugged to a LAN cable.

I'm not a computer genius, so be gentle

Picture of the problem: click here regards, Jesper

Best

alanrwood 18:35 30 Sep 14

If you have the yellow triangle then you do not have internet access. I guess you have network access but not Internet access. What kind of internet access do you have, Fibre, ADSL, Dialup? Check the internet access is live from the router if using ADSL or Fibre. Are the correct LEDs lit. Check the cables are connected correctly and fully inserted. Switch everything off at the mains and leave it for a few minutes. Switch on the modem then the router then the computers and see if it then connects.

Still having a problem please give us as much detail of the set up as possible.

Look in Network and Sharing Centre and see where the disconnect lies.

Just.me 18:42 30 Sep 14

Have you checked that the flight mode is off and tthe nwifi is on?

Click on the wifi symbol at the bottom of the screen (looks like a flight of stairs) and see whether or not your wifi is switched off, You can change it from there.

jesperwr 18:43 30 Sep 14

I'm pretty sure it's ADSL (the most common kind of internet, right?). The wireless connection works perfectly, the tablets and phones in the house has wi-fi, so that is not the problem.

We tried to switch off the router for 10-20 seconds, but it did not help.

Same problem as this, but without the"Multiple networks" things. click here :)

Thanks!

jesperwr 18:45 30 Sep 14

@Just.me

I can see it searching for the web and it has the "flight of stairs logo" but with a triangle on top of it. And sometimes for a couple of seconds i can get acces to the internet, but i will shortly get the triangle icon and get kicked off again...

Just.me 18:59 30 Sep 14

I am probably wasting your time but when you click on the wifi symbol you should be able to see which network it is (trying to) connect to. Just check that it is your network and not some other one.

I only suggest this because you say that it sometimes connects for a few seconds and then cuts off.

jesperwr 19:01 30 Sep 14

Nah, you don't. Don't worry :) I'm just glad to get some help!

It checked, it is (trying) to connect to the right network. And it does connect, but there is no internet acces. click here this, but it is just a picture i found online :)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 30 Sep 14

Have you set the correct wireless key for the network you are connecting to?

jesperwr 19:44 30 Sep 14

Sometimes i have internet access for around 30 seconds, but then it cuts me off again, so i would guess it is the right network ssid and so on. If that was what you were looking for?

If not, what do you mean with "wireless key"?

Thank you for your patience :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017