My PC is lagging constantly

BalázsKovács 17:32 15 Nov 14

I have had my PC for like 4 years now. I never had any problems with it and i know its limits and i always played games on it like Counter Strike and other low graphics games. It should run CS Global Offensive and Borderlands 2 without any problems. Some months ago it started lagging. It ran Counter Strike GO on 150-200 FPS and now it either runs it on 60 FPS with minor laggs or with 150 FPS but it freezes to the screen for like 1-2 seconds. Every time i move the crosshair in Borderlands or CS it freezes to the screen or it does the same when i see an enemy. It is so frustrating and i think it is a hardware problem regarding the fact that i didn't have problems half year ago. Something must have went wrong in this time, because i reinstalled the system (Win7 x64) and it didn't help at all. Sometimes i can play just fine with little fps drops but it is still irritating but mostly these games are unplayable.

I know my PC isn't the best but it was a good machine when i bought it and i know it should run games like the mentioned ones without any problems (and it could handle them).

PC Specs: Motherboard: Foxconn 2AA9 CPU: QuadCore AMD Athlon II X4 635, 2900 MHz (14.5 x 200) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 Memory: 8 GB RAM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017