My PC displays out of date web pages

stlucia 13:45 26 Jan 04

I've noticed for a couple of weeks now that when I access some web sites (that I've visited before) the page that's displayed is an out of date one. I noticed this first with the London Evening Standard (click here) which always gives me the same headlines (Women launch pay claim agains police, followed by Seamen has sights on Highbury return) when I log on, even though the banner gives today's date.

I've recently updated my own web site, and note that one page seems not to have updated properly -- but I don't know if it's my PC doing the same thing as it does with the Evening Standard page.

So, why do I see out of date pages? Is it me, or is it the Evening Standard web site? And could someone look at click here please, and tell me if the small red text at the left says "... please either download a demo ..." or just "... please download a demo ...".

stlucia 13:47 26 Jan 04

One question answered already! I've just clicked on my own link to see if it worked after posting the message, and I see the correct web page without the "either" in the sentence.

So, the only question remaining, is why am I sometimes seeing out of date pages?

Jester2K 13:55 26 Jan 04

Tools Menu, Internet Options, General, Settings Button, Set to Every Visit Of The Page.

stlucia 14:07 26 Jan 04

Thanks Jester2K. Both my "problem" pages are displaying up-to-date now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…