My PC Crashes out of the blue

AnthonyB 17:08 25 Aug 04

Sorry for another question regarding crashing reboots etc, but its not same as the poster above who suffers reboot probs.

What happens, is when I'm on the PC, it could be hours, even not till tomorrow, but everything just freezes, the screen goes blue (though my wallpaper shows - but without the icons)and I have to restart the PC (it doesn't start itslef). I then get a Prompt like: Can't find """windows root >system32>\ntoskrnl.exe""" (something like that) and tell me to reinstall it. Anyone encouter this (I have SP2 now, but it happened before that)

I get round to starting it (sometimes taking the HD cables out then in again)

TIA

bof:) 17:22 25 Aug 04

Hi AnthonyB, I've tried using the search option on this site. Put in 'ntoskrnl.exe' there have been questions asked before. for instance:

click here

try the solutions and if none of them work come bac to us.

Mike

AnthonyB 17:37 25 Aug 04

Thanks for the reply Bof,

I am going to look at the links (plus others I find in Googl,e """"" \system32\ntoskrnl.exe' """"" brings up quite a few results (over 3000)

PS - it doesn't do this when I start the PC up, but only when it crashes. I can't intall the file as such because i don't have a CD. I wonder if this file needs to be put back into my PC, or maybe the Crash causes the file to be missed.. I don't know:)

Cheers

AnthonyB

GibsonSt19 17:47 25 Aug 04

My usually crashes INTO the blue ;)

bof:) 20:58 19 Sep 04

Hi AnthonyB,

did you find ananswer yet?

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now