my pc cant aquire ip address

hsdh 07:48 04 Jun 10

Hi when i start my desk top pc i cant conect to the internet it keeps coming up trying to aquire ip address, but my lap top works fine,so i know the router(SMC)is working ok, so i think its my pc thats the problem, if i do system restore its ok but i dont want to be doing this everytime i start my pc, ive tried to sort it by doing the ipconfig/release and renew thing but all i get is error occurred while renewnig interface local area connection 2 = The RPC server is unavailable, i not very good with computers. can anybody help me plz

hsdh 07:52 04 Jun 10

sorry forgot to say ive done virus and spyware scans too, still no joy.

Jollyjohn 21:31 06 Jun 10

Are you trying to connect wired or wireless? If wired try a new cable.
if wireless double check the passkey is correct. You may need to delete the wireless network and re create the connection.
Under internet options ensure the connection is set to "obtain ip address automatically"

mgmcc 22:19 06 Jun 10

>>> The RPC server is unavailable,

Open the Services window ("Start > Run", type SERVICES.MSC and click OK), scroll down to the entry for Remote Procedure Call and double click it to open its Properties sheet. Make sure the service is "Started" and that its Startup Type is "Automatic".

hsdh 10:29 09 Jun 10

hi mgmcc
ive done what you said and its still the same it came ok for a day but now its the same as before and what you said hasnt helped and ive tried to system restore but that dosnt help now, my laptop still works fine through my smc router,
any more help would be apreciated to get this problem sorted

proudfoot 15:38 10 Jul 10

I had a similar problem with a laptop not conect wirelessly but my PC would.
I changed the wireless channel and all is now OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…