is my pc being remotely accessed?

yvie 12:18 16 Mar 08

Hi there

Can anyone remotely access my pc without my permission?

After about a year of trouble with my pc, and reformatting it recently, a couple of weeks ago I found a user account had been set up. It had a name, but I didnt write it down as I saved it....
Dont know how long it had been there, not something I check on, I was just browsing and wondered what it was.

I looked up how to delete it, but saved it to my desktop first as per ms instructions.

Deleted it, but it hadnt saved. Just disappeared.

Did all the usual scans (avast/adaware/spybot) clean ups etc to the best of my ability, and then another user accound appeared, this time a guest account.

I looked up how to delete the guest account facility from the registry and another one appeared!!!

I noticed websites on ccleaner that I know I havent looked at, but nothing seems to have happened with my banking for instance, but I have changed my passwords.

THe pc shuts down by itself then restarts, and even when I was typing this message, it just disappeared off the screen!!!

Feels like someone is playing games, but how and why I have no idea.

Had some emails last year, over a few weeks, that were unusual, dont remember opening any, but cant be sure.

Im not really paranoid.....well, maybe a bit!

birdface 12:34 16 Mar 08

I would go to this Forum.click here And download HJT from there and post it into their Forum.Explain you situation.It will take a few days for them to get to you.But they will help clean up any problems.

yvie 12:43 16 Mar 08

Man thanks, will do

yvie 12:43 16 Mar 08

***many***

Typo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos