My Own Website

AndySD 20:48 31 May 04

click here I was helping a relative set up his computers and did these to help. Thought I might share them but can you just check the site for blatent faults for me before I do any more.

Gaz 25 20:53 31 May 04

Good little site there!

No probs in IE. ;-)

Charence 21:52 31 May 04

Maybe you could link the "BACK" and "NEXT" buttons as well in your tutorial, and on my 15" 1024x768 screen the horizontal and vertical scrollbars appear which is undesirable.

Also at the end of Network Sharing tutorial, it says CLICK NEXT, when option is CLICK FINISH. This fault is on the 1st and 2nd tutorial.

AcidBurn7uk 01:43 01 Jun 04

Now why din't I think of that?
Very good, I am using Firefox and it display fine.

|Home |Troubleshooting |Links |

at the bottom, I feel, should be more like this:

| Home | Troubleshooting | Links |

Other than that, great, I can think of a few people who would benefit from these tutorials.

AndySD 12:11 01 Jun 04

Sorted the two tutorials but the horizontal scolling is because I am bieng a cheapskate at the moment and using framed forwarding. This will go in a while when I finally decide on the host to use.

AndySD 10:07 02 Jun 04

fourm member

I have had my stepfather and farther try it on their dial up connection and they had no problem with it.

If others are having the same problem could they please let me know.

kev.Ifty 20:52 02 Jun 04

Hi Andy
nice looking site.. i can confirm what fourm member says regarding black screen etc. i closed my browser and clicked your link again and the problem had gone, i then cleared my IE history and tried again and the black screen returned...

cheers Kev
IE6 dialup XPhome

PurplePenny 21:23 02 Jun 04

Ditto the loading problem. Opera 7.5 Win 98

AcidBurn7uk 21:43 02 Jun 04

I have no problem with the flash tutorials loading. Infact I don't even get a loading screen. I am using Firefox 0.8 and I have also just tried IE 6, both with broadband (600k). The only difference is that the tutorial list in IE shows up centered, while in Firefox it has a left alignment. Whats it like for you guys? Whats it meant to be like?

I think it look alot better and "professional" now that little alignment prob is softed (Was it a problem?)

I hate intros etc, but for little things like this I personally feel it is a god-send. I love playting flash games online and the like online, but I feel intros should be banned from the internet, great the first time you visit a site, but alot of people don't have a "skip Into" link which make them really annoying. There are so many ways around it, a check box so you can specify weather or not to play the intro upon your next visit, or a cookie which will just save to your HD and aoutomatically not show the intro next time round! Both are fairly easy with a bit of know-how.

Anyway, sorry for the rant...

AndySD 11:31 03 Jun 04

Thankyou all I have been unable to get the black screen problem no matter what I try so its difficult to fix. But I wonder if its the framed forwarding. Here is a direct link to the site. Could I ask if it still gives the same problem click here

AndySD 13:51 03 Jun 04

fourm member

what jvm are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…