My own web site

duplo 19:35 11 Dec 03

I am thinking of registering my own Domain name... it is cheap, and I would like to start showing my photography.

If I register a domain, do I actually get any space? Or is it just a name? How do I get both?

For around £3(per year!) it seems really cheap for a name and space!

D-Frame 20:33 11 Dec 03

You usually just get the domain name just for that price. What company is it that your geting the domain from?

Check the features of servering company and see. For space it usually costs anything from £7 or higher.

Keith 20:54 11 Dec 03

The domain registration will cost up to about £15 max. (probably for 2 years), web hosting will cost around £30 - £45 (p.a.) depending on service provider and package you buy. Note: if you have some web space, e.g. the free webspace you get from your ISP, you can use it. You set your domain to 'URL forwarding'. This way you just need your domain name - saves some money and visitore don't know any different! Keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…