In my own time zone! pc clock gaining

Steven135 14:32 07 Dec 03

Last night I noticed that my pc clock has begun to gain a few minutes, the computer is pretty new (Mid June)OS WXP Pro, Athlon 3000+, 1 Gig Ram, 2x 120 Gig HD's, Ati 9800 Pro Graphics, Creative Audigy 2 Sound.

Any ideas please I have had to reset the time three times since last night.

blanco 18:21 07 Dec 03

If you click the time in systray and bring up Date and Time properties you will find 'Internet Time' which will allow the maching to synchronise each time you go on-line.

©®@$? 18:43 07 Dec 03

could be the motherboard battery, when they start to fade then so does the accracy of time.

but it's relatively new but these things happen.

you can use the method above to keep your time accurate but if it is the motherboard battery, not being one to scare you but to warn you, that if the motherboard battery fails, it resets the bios to factory settings, and then you will have to set the bios up.maybe worth you popping a new battery in, they are only a couple of £

or note down your bios settings just incase

word of warning,if your pc is under warrenty opening the case may void it, so beware of this!

Steven135 20:56 07 Dec 03

Thanks i'll do as suggested and keep an eye on it.

terminus 20:59 07 Dec 03

Here's an alternative click here

Steven135 22:35 07 Dec 03

terminus, many thanks will give this a go sounds good.

Clock has been OK since this morning at 9.00 bit baffling really I have a digital radio card and use timed recording software wonder if this may be messing about with the clock I haven't recorded anything this morning, I'll wait and see.

Steven135 23:50 08 Dec 03

Clock still running fine just wondering what could have caused it to go haywire for a while terminus' suggestion proved very valuable.

The Spires 00:16 09 Dec 03

Small utility that allows you to alter the interval that XP updates it's clock, I think the default is weekly, this allows you to change that to perhaps daily or less if you desire. (Change Internet Time Sync Interval) click here Uses zero resouses as it makes a simple registry change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…