My own stupid fault

Fateful Shadow 20:36 14 Sep 03

Ok ok. I did a stupid thing and I downloaded a patch for MSN Messenger 6 from

The problem is that I don't want the patch. The computer is fine, but the patch won't dissapear! I can't even access the site to get the removal script!!!

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing MSN 6, and I did a system restore, which caused more trouble because I can't undo the restore now!

I know this is a bit vague, but has anyone else installed a games patch for MSN 6 from these people? If so, how the heck do you remove it?!?!

Thanks (tiredly) :)

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:43 14 Sep 03

click here and go to do I uninstall your launch menu and games. Failing that you may have to delete and re-install MSN6

Fateful Shadow 20:53 14 Sep 03

Thanks, but I've already uninstalled and re-installed MSN 6 to no avail!

And I can't access the page for the uninstall script.

VoG II 20:56 14 Sep 03

What happens when you try to access the page?

Fateful Shadow 20:58 14 Sep 03

The "Cannot find server" page appears. I try to refresh but I get nothing!

VoG II 21:01 14 Sep 03

Can you try using a different browser like mozilla free click here

Got to go - Frost!

Fateful Shadow 21:04 14 Sep 03

The strange thing was that I could access it earlier...but now, nothing!!!

JIM 21:08 14 Sep 03

can i pose a question.

Would a reinstall of the patch for MSN Messenger 6 from,give you the access to remove the script?? Then try GANDALF <|:-)> solution.Sorry if i have not got the jist.

Fateful Shadow 21:08 14 Sep 03

This might be a long shot, but could anyone access the page, download the file and send it to me? If they could I would be really grateful!

Fateful Shadow 21:11 14 Sep 03

In conjunction with the last page, I mean the uninstall program!

Also, the .exe file is an icon that looks like a miniturised window, with a blue taskbar and 3 squares for the minimise, maximise and 'x' button.

Does that info help?

Fateful Shadow 21:23 14 Sep 03

My laptop is now about 5 possible solutions away from it's death!

I've been to the website, clicked on the link and the person who created the website hasn't configured the link correctly!

Oh the joy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…