My old games dont work on Windows XP ?? Help ME !

Dave=Lord 12:06 07 Sep 03

Im trying to install Red Alert 2 with Yuri's Revenge but neither of them are working with XP ?? How can i fix this ??

Dave

mark500 12:10 07 Sep 03

NAvigate your way to the game install folder. Find the .EXE which runs the game. Right click on it and open the compatibility tab and run in win98 or 95 mode.

Dave=Lord 12:11 07 Sep 03

thanx alot mark !!

Dave

bremner 12:21 07 Sep 03

To reinforce what mark has said click here

bremner 12:22 07 Sep 03

Sorry the link has not worked, if you click on support you will find a full explanation of getting RA2 to work under XP

Cybermaxx 14:50 07 Sep 03

I bought Red Alert 2 the same day as I bought my PC (which uses XP Home), six months ago. At the time I was blissfully unaware of any potential compatibility problems! The only problem I've had is some speech clipping during the movies, which doesn't matter to me. Apart from that, the game works fine. As you probably know, without a patch, CPU opponents will not attack you.

Even the much earlier original Red Alert is XP compatible.

bremner 14:55 07 Sep 03

This is the instruction from the Tech Support page for Red Alert 2 re running under XP

1.Insert the C&C disk into the CD-ROM drive. Close the installation window that appears. (if Autoplay is turned on)
2.Go to My Computer->CD-ROM Drive->[Game Title] and right click on the icon. Then select Open.
3.In the CD-ROM window, right click on the Autorun icon and select Properties. On the Autorun Properties window click the Compatibility Tab.
4.On the Compatibility property sheet, make sure, Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox is set to Windows 95 mode.
5.Click OK
6.Double click the Autorun icon in the CD-ROM window and click to install the game when the Installation window pops up.
7.Let the install process complete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…