My nVidia driver disappeared + many more problems

DeathPlays Everything 18:59 29 Mar 15

Hello forum!

Recently, I just got a bunch of problems. Let's just go straight to the point:

• My nVidia Driver disappeared. When I right-click on desktop it doesn't show up the nVidia panel. Although, I can still see the nVidia panel in the Control Panel but after I click it nothing happens.
  • Right click on A BLANK SPACE (not on a file/folder) on the desktop takes around 16 seconds to open the options frame (it only happens on desktop, not in other folders).
  • My browser is full of ads. Pop-ups and redirects almost on every site (except the high-level ones: Youtube, Facebook etc.).
  • I have a short, small-sized horizontal black line over my monitor (next to the center). It seems that is from the LCD crystals, because, after I was a complete.. silly person, I tried to push my finger over it and the black line is now distorted (this problems needs screen replacement, I know). Things I have tried:

• Full scan with Avira. Result: found and quarantined 5 malwares/adwares(don't know exactly) but no effect.

• System Restore. This was surprising. It let me restore my PC to 25/3 telling me it was a "Critical windows update". After it had done its things, at one moment it showed a box in the notifications area: "Installing nVidia driver" followed, of course, by "Driver successfully installed". Although, after the requested restart of the PC, it had no effect (nVidia was still not there..)

Any ideas, please? :D

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 29 Mar 15

Adwcleaner should get rid of the adds pops etc.

lotvic 21:06 29 Mar 15

re nVidia driver, have a look in your Windows Update for 'nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1' that came with Windows Update last time around. If you have it installed then that will be the cause of your nVidia problem, so uninstall it and go back to the driver from nVidia and not the out-dated one that Windows is dishing out.

Change your Windows Update settings to: Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…