My New Xpertvision 8600gt Super will not install

Sutts 19:41 19 Oct 07

I bought a new 8600gt graphics card today but the drivers will not install properly.

The Computer recognises the new card as an 8600gt but when i tried to install the drivers, it said at the end that the graphics controller had not been installed properly.

I then tried to install it using add hardware from the control panel. If first asks to locate file "nv4_mini.sys" and the asks to locate "nvsvc32.exe". I locate these both on the supplied disc. It says that the hardware cannot be installed because "An error occured during the installation process The Parameter is incorrect"

Can Anybody Help?

Sutts 19:44 19 Oct 07

By the way, im using windows xp

woodchip 19:54 19 Oct 07

You need to change the Graphics card to a Generic one in Safe Mode. Through Display Properies. Then Restart the Computer and Load the Drivers from the CD. In The Adapter Display option click show all.

Sutts 21:21 19 Oct 07

i cant seem to work out how to change it to a generic one

woodchip 22:05 19 Oct 07

Have you found the Graphics tab in Display properties? there should be a button to press that may say change

woodchip 22:06 19 Oct 07

Comes under Adapter

Armchair 22:20 19 Oct 07

Download the latest set of drivers to your desktop, from nVidia's site

click here

Go to Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel, and uninstall the drivers you got from your 8600 GT's disc (they'll be out of date anyway). Restart PC. Cancel any windows that appear concerning new hardware. Double click on the drivers you downloaded and follow the prompts.

Sutts 22:36 19 Oct 07

ive tried downloading the latest drivers but the same happens. this drivers with the disk wont install

im in safe made and on the adapter tab.

there is no adapter listed although when i press properties, is list vga save.

Sutts 00:22 20 Oct 07

I uninstalled the drivers from my 7300GS and then tried to install the new drivers but still no lock.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!

Sutts 11:21 20 Oct 07

Latest drivers doesnt solve the problem

woodchip 11:51 20 Oct 07

Coppy the CD you have for the card to the desktop.
Start in safe mode and run setup from the coppy. there may be a setup file in the coppy that you double click on to run it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…