My new CDWtr drive has Ahead Nero Express but old

Giggle n' Bits 00:49 15 May 03

nero 5.5 software for my old drive is still installed on machine using WinXP O's.

with fitting this newer drive and having the newer release of this software should I uninstall the older Nero burning rom first or just install the newer software over the top of it?

I have read somewhere ages ago that uninstalling CDWrtr software can remove your both your CD drives out of My computer.

So, do I install over or uninstall older software first then install the newer Nero.

Bit worried how to do it as I don't want to muck up WindowsXP home.

Will make a restore point before hand though, just incase.

leo49 01:39 15 May 03

I would download the very latest version[I believe it's], run the .exe and it will update your version to the latest spec.

BBez 05:24 15 May 03

yes, just run the .exe and it will automatically update it for you to the newer version. It also gives you the option to uninstall the current version on your PC but I've never had problems with just upgrading it...

Simsy 10:00 15 May 03

it looks at what you have already installed and says something like;

"you already have version abc on this computer. Do you want to install this upgrade to version abc1"

Click "yes" and away you go.

Giggle n' Bits 10:05 15 May 03

Allways better to check before hand before just incase or file corruption.

Thanks Guy's, appreciated !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…