My Network Places

penholder 22:41 19 Feb 05

I have three wireless networked computers, one of which is cabled to the router. This computer does not show network places whereas the other two display icons for the network places.
I've tried adding connections but each time I get the message stating that I cannot connect to the workgroup.
Any ideas why this should be the case?

chaztait 23:12 19 Feb 05

It could be on the wrong Workgroup to change this right click on My Computer and go to properties then the computer name tab and click on change.

Or it could be that one of the computers are using a firewall. I dont know about all firewalls but i had a problme similar and i have McAfee Firewall and you can look up what it has stoped from connecting computer and you can click on the one that is the other computer and click Trust... and it sould work and if you cant find it then disable the firewall and try connecting to workgroup and if it works its the firewall, but a would not keep my firewall down so try looking for its settings and then trus the connection and everything should then be ok.

hope this helps

chaztait

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…