My music folder

Chezdez 15:37 05 Mar 05

hey guys,

i'm running XP SP2, and i've just transfered all my music onto my D: drive (second harddrive)

unfortunately, i now can't use the link to my music in the start menu

is there anyway that i can get the link in the start menu to link to my music folder on the D: drive?

i know this probably means a regedit, but luckily i'm quite comfortable in the registry

thanks in advance

Jason

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:55 05 Mar 05
  JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:01 05 Mar 05

Also ..
You can do this using the Tweak UI PowerToy. Once you have installed the Tweak UI PowerToy you can make any directory on your hard drive the "My Music" folder by going to My Computer > Special Folders > My Music. .

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:14 05 Mar 05

Just to clarify re Tweak UI - you go to My Computer > etc in the Tweal UI tool, not via the normal folders.

Chezdez 16:46 05 Mar 05

hey, thanks man

ok, so i've got as far as 'user shell folders', but can't see anything related to 'my music' any ideas what/where it is/could be?

or, where can i get tweak UI?

thanks a lot

Chezdez 17:04 05 Mar 05

ok, what am i doing wrong here?

i've found the string that needs changing, changed it (to D:\My music), click OK, closed the registry, and the restarted, but the string returns to the default value (C:\documents.....)

what am i doing wrong? :S

cheers

Chezdez 17:11 05 Mar 05

ok, i tried one final thing, deleting the original 'my music' folder, and then changiong the string to the new one

now, it doesn't set a value, at all!!!

JaßîsFaß ˜ 17:15 05 Mar 05

Are you using Tweak UI? - it's easier that way

JaßîsFaß ˜ 17:16 05 Mar 05

If you don;t have Tweak UI download from click here

Chezdez 17:17 05 Mar 05

i don't have tweak UI, where can i get?

it's also puzzling (well, annoying) me as to why it won't change the value in the registry

thanks JaßîsFaß ˜

Chezdez 17:20 05 Mar 05

Tweak UI worked, thank you very much

i know this is only a trivial matter, but thanks for helping me out JaßîsFaß ˜, much appreciated :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…