my movie and sound dont quite match

Andy.F. 23:05 16 Aug 05

hello good folks..I hope my question isn't too similar to one just asked..apologies if so...when I transfer my films from camera to PC all play well (avi files).. the sound and picture is perfect when playing in media player or divX player but after being converted for DVD using WinAvi 6.3 some of the films dont quite match up with the sound..about a second out of sinc. I've tried with and without AC 97 support but no change..it's not all my films that do this but all are recorded on the same sony camera..any ideas on how to improve the situation please..many many thanks...ps. I tried another program from a friend and it was the same..cant remeber the name of it sorry

wobblymike 07:53 17 Aug 05

I have suffered the same problem - I fixed it by finding another programme to convert the avi files to MPEG prior to burnin - I use and recommend avi2vcd - however you must be certain that your avi file is sync'd before you use it given it is then try it you can find it via Google

Andy.F. 09:30 17 Aug 05

I've tried converting to MPEG wobblymike before conversion but its always the same. I need them converted to DVD not vcd if possible. It happens with about 1 in 3 of my films

wobblymike 10:40 17 Aug 05

ok -try a vcd and see if it works properly, if so it ponts to the dvd conversion process, what are you using to burn?

ACOLYTE 11:01 17 Aug 05

This should be able to convert mpg to DVD click here its fully functioal but
you get a logo on the finished product that shows
on the video if that doesnt bother you it a good program.

eddie937 11:15 17 Aug 05

Try this.
click here

Andy.F. 19:45 17 Aug 05

many thanks to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…