my mouse pointer isnt accurate most of the time

athenrye 14:27 02 Dec 08

hi
i have had a new dell xps 420 vista for a motnh or so now, all is weel but the mouse pointer isnt always accurate when you hover over things

if i want to close a window the muse seems to hover over the minimize button but its the close button thats highlighted

if i scroll down a list its over the one above thats highlighted to be chosen

its not always liek this bit most of the time it can be a pain

any ideas

will

Rahere 14:32 02 Dec 08

Can you test with another mouse?

You can change the sensitivity of the mouse too

Have you tried changing the pointer in case the shape is making if difficult to align perfectly.

Do you use a mouse mat, does it have any images or texture?

athenrye 14:43 02 Dec 08

hi rahere
ive got a laser logitech mouse
its on a patterned black grey mouse pad

ive been into settings and chosen enhance precision and have kept the normal mouse icon

its perfect on the ie7 page the now, buit ive just been on the settings page for the mouse and its out about 5mm

cheers
will

Rahere 14:52 02 Dec 08

try using the mouse on a plain sheet of paper - I find most surfaces mess about with mouse movements

athenrye 15:38 02 Dec 08

no still the same, dosnt seem to have effected it in any way

will

Rahere 15:49 02 Dec 08

update the drivers for the mouse - Possibly there are new ones on the logitech 'site?

Another test would be to remove the drivers and see if window's own drivers are any better?

starting to run out of quick fixes now!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…