My mouse is hungry and is uncontrollable

The Gaf 19:06 28 Sep 05

I've had the Logitech cordless optical mouse for laptops for a good 6 months, and used it without problems. Now, after surfing for about 15 minsutes, the cursor clears off to the top RH corner of the monitor and behaves as if it is magnetically attached. After vilolenting moving the mouse in a circular motion, I regain control for a few minutes, then it dives to the bottom LH corner by Start. I have taken it to work, same O/S (XP Pro) and used it all day with no probs.I've uninstalled the software, I have tried another mouse USB connected, and still the same prob. I have Sophos AV which updates hourly, I have done a full scan, dscanned disk, defragged, just about everything.......still the problem. LOGITECH techos have never come across the problem. My computer is a Dell Latitude C 840, 1 GB RAM. Anyone out there who could help ?

VoG II 19:18 28 Sep 05

Check that you don't have 'prank' software like Crazy Mouse click here installed.

Magic Hobo 19:22 28 Sep 05

that there might be a problem with the hardware inside your computer controlling the mouse? That might explain it.

jack 19:57 28 Sep 05

'Cordless' mouse misbehaving but OK elsewhere.

What is the link InfraRed or wireless?
Local interferance then somewhere perhaps.

Miasma 20:03 28 Sep 05

If you have the same problem with your spare mouse then it could be either a software problem or a hardware problem with your machine, try antivirus software and antispy,maybe try a system restore dated before the problem started. hope this helps!

De Marcus™ 20:06 28 Sep 05

Make sure your batteries are charged fully, my mouse and most other wireless mouse display the exact same behaviour by design.

De Marcus™ 20:07 28 Sep 05

Sorry, I see you mention you've tried another mouse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…