Is my monitor failing

shellship 14:51 27 Feb 07

All of a sudden my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 910N)went blacnk. If I turn it off then on the picture comes back for a half second then disappears again. Have turned computer on and off but no joy. Does it look as though I have to buy a new monitor - it's not that old!

Glad my wife has a machine that works so that I can post this!

crosstrainer 14:56 27 Feb 07

It sounds like the monitor, but check all your cables to the monitor and the pc...the other thing you could check (which means opening the case) is that the graphics card itself is seated securely in it's slot....don't open your case if you are under warranty, as this will invalidate it.

shellship 15:02 27 Feb 07

Thanks. I have checked all cables but will now have a go at the graphics card. My Dell 8200 is way out of warranty and has been opened up many times.

crosstrainer 15:05 27 Feb 07

In that case, remove the card, check for dust etc.. amd reseat it..hope it works, but fear the monitor...let us know how you get on.

shellship 15:12 27 Feb 07

Bin there dun that and no change. Unless smeone has a new idea it looks as though it is down to the nearest monitor seller.

birdface 15:14 27 Feb 07

You can try your wifes monitor on your computer.See if that works.!!!

birdface 15:16 27 Feb 07

Have you tried in safe mode,If that works try Last good configuration or System Restore.

keef66 15:18 27 Feb 07

is it less than 3 yrs old? Most monitors have a 3 yr warranty, and you deal directly with the manufacturer.

birdface 15:19 27 Feb 07

Maybe this, click here

birdface 15:23 27 Feb 07

A few more here that you can have a look at.click here

birdface 15:30 27 Feb 07

A couple of solutions here,But dont know if they will work on yours,Will leave you in peace to browse through them all,Good Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now