My Modem type has changed why ?

MICKY BOY 17:43 31 Jan 04

Can anybody help? Have just reinstalled Windows 95 back onto my old computer.
I downloaded Cheyenne Bitware software off the net and installed as before. But find that the type of Modem has changed. My modem used to be a Dataflex PC Comms Office Plus.
After carrying out a modem scan in Cheyenne Bitware using the auto detect button it shows the modem as Sierra V.34 Voice modem. How I don’t know.

Have gone into Control Panel – System – Device manager. This shows the modem as a Standard Modem But under other devices showing a ? sign a Dataflex PC Comms Office Plus is shown.

Has anyone any suggestions how this has happened and how I can assign my Dataflex PC Comms Office Plus as the modem for Cheyenne Bitware and not as Other Devices as it indicates.

Mick

MichelleC 17:50 31 Jan 04

This may help click here

Gongoozler 17:51 31 Jan 04

Modems are notoriously picky about using the correct drivers. This site has instructions for installing the drivers for the Dataflex PC Comms Office Plus click here.

DieSse 19:00 31 Jan 04

The acid test is - does BitWare work with what it has detected - if it does then there is no need to try and correct what it has found. Try it and see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…