Is my Modem faulty?

tooter 19:34 25 Feb 05

I have been using Tiscali Broadband for 2 weeks it worked perfectly at first but in the last 3 days it has decided to switch it self off or not connecting at all.
When this happens the 2 green lights on the SAGEM modem do not light or go out. To make the lights come on I have to remove the USB cable from the Modem and then reconnect it the Modem then goes through it’s set up and the 2 lights come on and I am able to connect to the Web.
I am unable to recreate this fault by fiddling with the Modem or the Modem connections.
I have checked all the cable connections, connected the Modem to 3 different USB ports, 1 original computer port and 2 ports on a USB 2 card I fitted with no luck. I have a Scanner and a card reader connect to these USB ports they both work ok.
Have I got a duff Modem? Thanks for any help.

bukkaz 19:37 25 Feb 05

I'm with Tiscali and the only time in 3 years I've had a problem was same as yourself. Just re-installed (remember to follow the instructions regarding disconnecting cable and re-connecting) with the sagem disc and everything was OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac