My micrososft outlook personal folders file(.pst)

Kingfisher 11:17 20 Aug 05

I recently had a hard disk failure and have reinstalled the os etc. But I cannot find my microsoft outlook personal folder file(not the address book)in my backup that I did just before the crash.I have been told it is in My Documents folder, I have searched the hard drive but cannot find it or the new one that I have just recreated on reinstalling outlook.
Also I recently exported one of my personal folders to excel, I have found that ok, but on importing it back to Outlook all the attachments are missing and a lot of the text from the emails is gobblydgook. Can anybody help me recover these folders please many thanks.
O.S. is winxp service pack 2

Jackcoms 11:24 20 Aug 05

Try C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

BRYNIT 12:31 20 Aug 05

Remember to go to tools/folder options/view/show hidden files then follow Jackcoms instructions.

Kingfisher 18:38 20 Aug 05

can only find the following files in that floder .nk2 .xml .srs no pst file and all the above files are very small just a few k/bytes and I cannot open them

Jackcoms 19:12 20 Aug 05

I'm a bit bemused then.

Try Start; Search; All Files and Folders and look for .pst

The search found my files, so it should work for you.

Kingfisher 19:30 20 Aug 05

Jackcoms I have found it
Thanks very much will have a look at it tomorrow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…