My memory is failing fast........

lodger 18:41 27 Jun 04

I need to install more memory,(where was I?) ......oh yes, I remember now, :) look, my edo simms slots are full, so, can I add some edo dimms to my edo simms to increase total memory ? or am I limited to one or the other?

Pesala 18:47 27 Jun 04

click here

You need to add in matching pairs if I'm not mistaken. Might be time for a motherboard upgrade or barebones system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 27 Jun 04

Not sure if you can mix simms and dimms certainly can't mix EDO and DDR may be some one else on the site can tell you.

woodchip 19:08 27 Jun 04

If you have spare slots you should be able to fit more to these. if not you can Buy memory up to the amount that your motherboard will take in a slot, and maximum that the motherboard will take. As you are talking about edo simms, these have to go in two at a time i.e. you cannot buy and fit just one stick. Your computer must be a old system, you may get your memory cheaper from someone that is throwing a old system away, or go to a computer fair.

woodchip 19:09 27 Jun 04

PS if you are using EDO you cannot mix you need same memory type and speed

woodchip 19:09 27 Jun 04

PS if you are using EDO you cannot mix, you need same memory type and speed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…