My little online indicator - two tiny monitor icon

Quilljar 11:37 05 May 04

Since a re-install of XP, I am on broadband. But when I am online I used to have a small flashing indicator down on the bottom left on the taskbar. Now this no longer appears when I am online. Everything works OK, but I miss those little guys! Can anyone help me how to replace them?

Quilljar 11:42 05 May 04

I mean bottom right of course

Taran 11:44 05 May 04

It depends on whether you're connected to your broadband via a LAN card or using a USB modem.

If you let us know which connection you have one of us will walk you through it.

temp003 11:46 05 May 04

Try this. Click Start, Settings, Network Connections. Right Click your Local Area Connection (assuming you use a network card), Properties, General tab, tick the box for "Show icon in notification area when connected". Click OK.

JayDay 11:47 05 May 04

Go to Network Conections in Control Panel. Right click your connection and select properties. At the bottom make sure the box that says ' show icon in notification area etc..' is checked. Hey presto your to screens will appear.

JayDay 11:48 05 May 04

temp003 you're typing is quicker than mine!!!

Quilljar 13:35 05 May 04

All Ok now. I had the wrong connection ticked!

Doogie Howser 17:29 05 May 04

So do you get 2 monitor icons if you're connected via a LAN card, ie into a router? I've wondered about this ever since I installed my Netgear router. Why do I only get one icon on the laptop which is connected using a wireless card?

Quilljar 23:54 06 May 04

Sorry Doogie I have no idea. At least this forum has solved MY query as usual. No doubt someone will answer yours!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…