my little Dongle has gone AWOL

jack 20:12 02 Aug 03

A recent windfall from the effects of someone recently died came my way in the shape of a
DELL Latitude XPi notebook
Lovely little thing except for one thing.
The dongle that connects the 16 bit USRobitic PCIMCA modem to the regular modem cable did not turn up.
I have asked the good folks as much I dare but non are very computery and know what I am talking about.
So Question 1. Can they be purchased as a separate item if so where?
Q 2 If not where can I buy a 16 bit PCIMCA modem(Now obsolete I am told) complete.
Q 3 If the and 2 are no no's will a more modern one work on this old girl (P133?40Mb/2gig)
1997 vintage(I think)

Jack

bremner 20:16 02 Aug 03

click here might have what you want

Big Elf 20:21 02 Aug 03

Not sure about 1 & 2 but I can confirm that a 56K PCMCIA modem will work as I used one in my Dell Latitude XPi latop (P133,40MB,756MB ex Road Warrior) for a couple of years. The one I have is an "ActionTec V90 56K DataLink FM560LKI Fax/Modem". I assume I bought it from ActionTec but can't remember now and it was about £50 at the time but equivalent PCMCIA modems must be available at a price that is a lot/a bit/the same now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…