my little Dongle has gone AWOL

jack 20:12 02 Aug 03

A recent windfall from the effects of someone recently died came my way in the shape of a
DELL Latitude XPi notebook
Lovely little thing except for one thing.
The dongle that connects the 16 bit USRobitic PCIMCA modem to the regular modem cable did not turn up.
I have asked the good folks as much I dare but non are very computery and know what I am talking about.
So Question 1. Can they be purchased as a separate item if so where?
Q 2 If not where can I buy a 16 bit PCIMCA modem(Now obsolete I am told) complete.
Q 3 If the and 2 are no no's will a more modern one work on this old girl (P133?40Mb/2gig)
1997 vintage(I think)

Jack

bremner 20:16 02 Aug 03

click here might have what you want

Big Elf 20:21 02 Aug 03

Not sure about 1 & 2 but I can confirm that a 56K PCMCIA modem will work as I used one in my Dell Latitude XPi latop (P133,40MB,756MB ex Road Warrior) for a couple of years. The one I have is an "ActionTec V90 56K DataLink FM560LKI Fax/Modem". I assume I bought it from ActionTec but can't remember now and it was about £50 at the time but equivalent PCMCIA modems must be available at a price that is a lot/a bit/the same now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…