My laptop's eaten my dvd

Damarc 19:03 07 Nov 11

I' ve got a dell studio with a grab dvd driver. When I first had the studio a few years ago I couldn't work out how to get the dvd back out because the media centre is a separate line of touch buttons above the keyboard and it was difficult to see the eject button.

However it was a thinner than usual dvd and it did try to eject a few times to no avail but now says there's no dvd in there. I assume this is a screwdriver job and if so I'll have to take it to the repair shop but if anyone knows any alternative please let me know.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 07 Nov 11

For a Car CD player but the principle is the same

beeuuem 19:33 07 Nov 11

Have you tried navigating to the drive in Windows Explorer, right clicking on the drive and selecting 'Eject' from the context menu?

Damarc 18:54 08 Nov 11

I've tried all of these, with the exception of some of the car cd stuff which I didn't fancy doing, but nothing has worked so I think it's off to the repair centre for me. Thanks for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…