My laptop's eaten my dvd

Damarc 19:03 PM 07 Nov 11

I' ve got a dell studio with a grab dvd driver. When I first had the studio a few years ago I couldn't work out how to get the dvd back out because the media centre is a separate line of touch buttons above the keyboard and it was difficult to see the eject button.

However it was a thinner than usual dvd and it did try to eject a few times to no avail but now says there's no dvd in there. I assume this is a screwdriver job and if so I'll have to take it to the repair shop but if anyone knows any alternative please let me know.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 PM 07 Nov 11

For a Car CD player but the principle is the same

beeuuem 19:33 PM 07 Nov 11

Have you tried navigating to the drive in Windows Explorer, right clicking on the drive and selecting 'Eject' from the context menu?

Damarc 18:54 PM 08 Nov 11

I've tried all of these, with the exception of some of the car cd stuff which I didn't fancy doing, but nothing has worked so I think it's off to the repair centre for me. Thanks for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November