My laptop stop working.

miskoham 10:54 18 Jan 06

could someone help me out again.I just bought this new laptop and after installing all my applications it just gave a warning of low battery and suddenly it went off. I'm not able to use it again since it has refused to work both on battery and via power supply.
Anybody with similar experience?

dms05 11:08 18 Jan 06

What's the make and model?

Is the Power Supply plugged in properly and producing output (do the laptop LED's for Power and Charging light up?).

miskoham 11:16 18 Jan 06

The Make is Acer Travelmate4400.The power supply was plugged in properly and the laptop LED'S for power and charging light up.

rmcqua 11:21 18 Jan 06

As long as you are sure that your power supply is providing the necessary, then it sounds like the power regulation circuitry in your laptop may have failed.
Suggest you send it back!

dms05 12:02 18 Jan 06

I once had a Toshiba do this on me. I powered the laptop down, turned everything off, then took out the battery, then attached the Power Supply and turned the laptop ON. It worked. With it ON I reinserted the battery and it started to charge. The problem never reappeared!

wee eddie 15:11 18 Jan 06

Take the battery out of the Laptop and run a pencil over the contacts.

Graphite is a good conductor and the new battery contacts may have oxidised slightly.

Replace the battery - making sure that it is in the correct way round.

Remove and insert the Power Connection several times. Same thought - Possible bad connection.

Allow it to charge for several hours before you use it. If I remember correctly, mine required a 12 hour charge before use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5