My laptop say "No wireless networks were in range"

mvb 14:29 06 Feb 07

I have just gone wireless and all seems to be fine when using my pc on the net but when I come to use my laptop I keep getting the error messageabout no wireless networks found in range even though my laptop is right next to my pc. I have never used my laptop in a wireless mode so don't know what to expect. Any ideas??

skidzy 14:31 06 Feb 07

Try pressing the FN+F2 button.This will enable the wireless card in the lappy normally.

mvb 14:42 06 Feb 07

Thanks skidzy, thats the sort of fix I like but unfortunately it did'nt work. I still get the same message

skidzy 15:44 06 Feb 07

Have you transfered the settings across from the host pc and router ?

Normally quickest and easiest way is to use a flash/pen drive and follow the the prompts from
Start/Control panel/Wireless network setup wizard.
You can use a memory card if you have a reader.

alan2k1 15:55 06 Feb 07

i think skiddzy is correct that you need to enable the wireless card.. sometimes its fn + f2 but it could be a switch or over fn . packcard bell is usually a switch button check you manual

isca2 15:59 06 Feb 07

What are you using to connect the laptop ? USB receiver ? Card ? Laptop infra red ?

isca2 15:59 06 Feb 07

What method are you using to connect the laptop. Card ? USB receiver ? Infra red ? ....

mvb 16:50 06 Feb 07

Firstly - I am not an expert on computer, so please bare with me.
My laptop is a packard - not sure where the manual is (probably in the loft).
I presumed all the right bits (cards/infra red etc.) were in the laptop package that I purchased. All I know is that the wireless icon with ra red cross in it is displayed in the botton left corner of the screen. whenever I try to link into my pc wireless modem it does not find it.

ed-0 16:53 06 Feb 07

1) what model packard bell is it?

2) go to control panel> network connections > wireless network connection.

a) is the setting there?

b) is it enabled?

frankie 20:01 06 Feb 07

my laptop said that tonight,not had it long and was fine went to connect tonight said no wireless in range,checked settings nothing,then my brother pointed out switch on front of laptop turned on fine???must have knocked it mines a acer not sure if could be your prob but thought would put in my pennies worth good luck

mvb 10:17 07 Feb 07

My laptop is a packard Easynote R8740.

I have gone into my network stetting and it shows "Wireless Network Connection - Not Connected

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced