my keystrokes logged

mickstew 15:38 27 Oct 05

i have recently had my msn messenger hijacked by a programme put on my pc which logged and recorded my conversations.can anyone tell me if this is legal or not,and if so can this be used in a court.thans very much

octal 16:31 27 Oct 05

How do you know a programme did this? Whether its legal or not depends, if it was software that you installed and it stated in the terms and conditions that it will place such a programme on your computer, then there's nothing you can do about it if you installed it accepting those terms and conditions.

If the programme was put on maliciously by a person its up to you to prove they did it, its not up to them to prove they are Innocent. If the programme came over the Internet then it will be virtually impossible for you to prove who did it.

Just delete the programme and be more aware and make sure your security software and firewall is up to date.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:06 27 Oct 05

This is highly unlikely. MSN messenger does store all conversations in a log which is usually in 'my documents', this can be disabled but is turned on by default.

mickstew 20:48 27 Oct 05

this has been added to my computer by my partner with the sole purpose of recording my conversations on msn messenger she now has a print out of about 3 weeks conversations we have different msn accounts and different settings on our pc is this legal

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:44 27 Oct 05

I would suggest that you either get anew partner as sh?he obviously distrusts you or stop giving him/her reason to check up on you. As to the legality...not really worth it and as no fraud has been committed you would better have deep pockets for the lawyers.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:44 27 Oct 05

sh?he = she/he

octal 21:52 27 Oct 05

Now you know about the programme, just delete it and forget about it, they'll soon get fedup when there's nothing to look at.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…