My internet wont accept facebook, hotmail or msn

Lauratoken 15:20 14 Jan 08

I think my laptop may have been attacked as it suddenly has stopped me going on to any shered site like facebook. It just says site not avaliable. I have checked my internet options and my LAN settings but it wont have it. Any thoughts???

brundle 15:42 14 Jan 08

Sounds like an MTU problem; click here

brundle 15:44 14 Jan 08

Run a full antivirus scan and the same with an antispyware app (or two) too. AVG or Superantispyware recommended. click here

smile6225 15:44 14 Jan 08

i have Bt internet on our home pc at home and have connected my laptop to use the same bthome hub but lately it wont connected me and or just says limmited connectivity. the bt intrenet signal is full on the home pc but my laptop all of a sudden shows limited access why is this

Lauratoken 15:48 14 Jan 08

Thanks brundle, I will try that. might need to come back with some questions about MTU etc.

hroc 15:50 14 Jan 08

I had the same problem and just installed Mozilla Firefox instead of internet explorer. Worked for me.

brundle 15:55 14 Jan 08

Please start your own thread, most likely to get an answer if you use the Networking forum.

Lauratoken 19:42 14 Jan 08

Tried the MTU, AVG and spyware, no joy. Mozilla will not start up. I think the virus is a microsoft one called 800072efd, any other thoughts? Thank you in advance

brundle 23:35 14 Jan 08

Microsoft virus? Are you sure you're not referring to an error message number? click here

Firefox won't start?

2 things to try;

System file check - have your XP CD handy. click here

Disk check; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…